Five Statements, Five Questions
July 10, 2012 20 Comments
1. The man who killed my father died yesterday. How should this make me feel?
2. I found this old video online recently. Would you wear the shirt I am wearing in it if I gave it to you?
3. When asked to pick the most quintessentially American composition of the 20th Century, I tend to think of George Gershwin’s “Rhapsody in Blue,” Aaron Copland’s “Fanfare for the Common Man,” or Raymond Scott’s “Powerhouse.” Which would you pick?
4. Gina’s comment here rang true with me, since I’ve been a dogmatic North Carolina corn partisan for over 40 years, until switching to Team Iowa this summer. Is your own local sweet corn the best?
5. I was introduced to the concept of completed staff work in 1987, and I have really liked it as a working philosophy, both when I’ve been a subordinate, and when I’ve been a boss. Does it make sense to you?