Five Statements, Five Questions III
February 4, 2013 11 Comments
1. Marcia and I sadly had to attend her brother’s funeral last week after he passed away from complications associated with influenza. Do you get a flu shot every year?
2. While in Minneapolis for the funeral, we checked into our hotel and were assigned to a fully ADA accessible bedroom, from which we asked to be transferred, immediately. Was it wrong for the hotel to give us that room, rather than saving it for someone who actually might need it?
3. I consider Television Personalities’ song “Closer to God” to be among the most harrowing, soul-wrenching pieces of music I’ve ever heard. What do you listen to when you want your soul to be wrenched?
4. Julian Barnes’ The Sense of an Ending was the best of the small number of fictional books that I read in 2012. What contemporary novels would you recommend to someone (like me) who doesn’t read much fiction?
5. I once lost 30 pounds in 30 days through fasting, weird eating and over-exercising. What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done in the name of good health?